Friday, February 24, 2012

Praise Challenge day 4

I'm probably going to post twice today. I know that it's against all blogging ettiquiete but I want to post about the praise challenge and I have a freebie to offer for a math activity. I can't do my post about praise at school because I have a youtube video to share and I left my math activity on my portable hard drive at school. So I apologize ahead of time.
Today's post is going to focus on ways to praise God. I've focused on things that I praise God for the past few days. But it's so important to praise God for who he is. I've been reminded of that by all the wonderful comments other bloggers have left. I get a lot out of worship and praise music. I have no musical ability what so ever but when listening to this music I'll belt it out. I've gotten in the habit lately of listening to christian music while getting ready in the morning and in the car. It just helps me focus on what is important to start my day.
I'm going to share a couple of my favorite praise songs and I hope you'll comment with yours. I'm always looking for new songs to add to my ipod.
My all time favorite is "Amazing Love." I get choked up at the idea that my king would die on the cross for my sins. I praise God everyday for loving me that much when I know I don't deserve any of it. For the past 5 years I've been helping with youth in some capacity. I love it. I was never in a youth group when I was a teenager so part of me feels like I'm having that experience now. Last year when Chris and I started dating, I started going to church with him. He works with youth at his church so it was natural that I would help there too. I still worked with the kids I had been but then eventually it was time to just go to one church. The kids that were my first group of youth will always be a special part of my life. I'm still close to several of them and most of them are in college now. But I'm also really enjoying being a part of this new group. I praise God for giving me the opportunity to work with such amazing kids. The group I work with now has a youth choir and I've been introduced to several great songs. I am in love with the song "Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns. When I hear it, I have to sing along. It's such a great expression of how God and Jesus loves us.


The last one I want to share is "Blessings" by Laura Story. There's an eighth grader at church that sings this song and she has a beautiful voice. This song is just a great reminder that God works in all things. Things that don't seem like blessings God will find a way to use.


So what are your favorite ways to praise God? What praise and worship songs are your favorites?

1 comment:

  1. There are so many that it's hard to pick my favorite, but there's usually one in my head at all times.

    Tammy
    www.foreverin1st.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete